Get further off the beaten track and experience Vietnam and Cambodia. Explore temple ruins, stay on an island hideaway and visit remote villages. Click here to see the route!
LOWBIRD SALE NOW ON
Travel before 30 September 2019 and save $$$! Offer ends 20 September 2019.
Planning to travel after 1 October 2019? Click here.
Whether it be our air-conditioned buses, boat, train, or even tuk-tuk - you can hop-on hop-off anywhere along the route.
Knowledgeable local guides to provide invaluable support and insider insights and to assist with booking accommodation and activities at every destination.
Have a bed reserved for you at every Stray overnight stop. Book through your Tour Leader and pay-as-you-go directly to the accommodation.
12 month travel pass
Your pass is valid for 12 months from the first day of travel.
There are some awesome activities and entrance fees included with your pass:
- S21 Prison entrance fees
- Phnom Penh Killing Fields entrance fees
- Datanla Waterfall entrance fees
- My Lai Memorial entrance fees
- Vinh Moc Tunnels entrance fees
- Thien Duong (Paradise) Cave entrance fees
- Boat trip to the Trang An Grottoes
Not included: The cost of your accommodation and optional activities is not included in a hop-on, hop-off pass. You have the flexibility to choose what suits your budget and pay-as-you-go. These can be booked via your Tour Leader.
Is this trip right for you?
✓ Do you want to explore with a group of like-minded travellers?
✓ Do you want to explore Vietnam and Cambodia at your own pace?
✓ Do you want to immerse yourself in local culture?
✓ Do you want to visit some of those harder to reach, remote destinations?
✓ Do you want the flexibility to stay longer in certain places?
The Moc Bai Freestyle Pass is a great choice for you!
If you would prefer a tour with accommodation and more activities included, check out the Moc Bai Freestyle Tour! Get all the same great benefits + accommodation and top-rated activities.
Our mission is to get you off the beaten track amongst authentic local culture and our experienced crew has chosen some incredible destinations so you can see more and do more! 'Strademark' Places are the places you're less likely to find in the guide book but the ones you'll be talking about long after the adventure has ended.
- Immerse yourself in real Cambodian village life when we stay in a rural village 20mins from Battambang.
- Discover the secluded fishing village of Bai Xep on a beautiful long stretch of white sandy beach. Relax, swim and wander deserted beaches, discover hidden waterfalls and learn to paddle a traditional round boat.
- Swim in pristine rivers and explore impressive caves, including the recently discovered Thien Dong Cave, one of the largest caves in the world, in Phong Nha. Be amazed by the glittering limestone walls, stalagmites and stalactites and a gleaming limestone waterfall.
Get inspired and start planning your trip!
Travel smarter and safer - Stay covered on your adventures!
Get your trip off to a hassle-free start with airport transfers and 1 night's accommodation close to the departure location.
Short on cash but don't want to miss out?
Deposit option available. Hit BOOK YOUR TRAVEL below and select from the payment options at checkout. Find out more.
Moc Bai Travel Pass
Days: Wednesday or Sunday
Time: Visit the Stray Bangkok Travel Shop before 4pm to get your tickets to Siem Reap
Arrival in Bangkok
|Bangkok - Stray Shop (Pick up tickets)||16:00||16:00|
Bangkok to Siem Reap (Express Day)
|Bangkok - Stray Shop (Depart)||07:30||07:30|
|Poipet Border (Depart)||12:00||12:00|
|Siem Reap - Northern Bus Station (Arrive)||17:00||17:00|
|Siem Reap (Welcome Night)||19:30||19:30|
|Siem Reap (Free Day)||Free||Free|
Siem Reap to Battambang (Homestay)
|Siem Reap - White Rabbit Hostel (Depart)||09:00||09:00|
|Battambang - Homestay (Arrive)||15:30||15:30|
Battambang to Siem Reap
|Battambang - Homestay (Depart)||07:00||07:00|
Siem Reap to Phnom Penh
|Siem Reap - White Rabbit Hostel (Depart)||08:00||08:00|
|Phnom Penh (Arrive)||12:00||12:00|
|Kampot (Free Day)||Free||Free|
Phnom Penh to Kampot
|Phnom Penh - Silver River Hotel (Depart)||08:00||08:00|
Kampot to Phnom Penh
|Kampot - Apsara Guesthouse (Depart)||08:00||08:00|
|Phnom Penh (Arrive)||12:00pm||12:00pm|
|Phnom Penh (Free Day)||Free||Free|
Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City (Express Day)
|Phnom Penh - Silver River Hotel (Depart)||07:30||07:30|
|Ho Chi Minh City (Arrive)||16:00||16:00|
Ho Chi Minh City
|Ho Chi Minh City (Free Day)||Free||Free|
Ho Chi Minh City to Da Lat
|Ho Chi Minh City - Khoi Hostel (Depart)||07:30||07:30|
|Da Lat (Arrive)||15:00||15:00|
|Da Lat (Free Day)||Free||Free|
Da Lat to Bai Xep
|Da Lat - Thoi Dai Hotel (Depart)||08:00||08:00|
|Nha Trang (Depart)||12:00||12:00|
|Bai Xep (Arrive)||17:30||17:30|
|Bai Xep (Free Day)||Free||Free|
Bai Xep to Hoi An
|Bai Xep - The Haven Guesthouse (Depart)||08:00||08:00|
|My Lai (Depart)||12:30||12:30|
|Hoi An (Arrive)||17:30||17:30|
|Hoi An (Free Day)||Free||Free|
Hoi An to Hue
|Hoi An - Thanh Binh 2 Hotel (Depart)||08:30||08:30|
Hue to Phong Nha
|Hue - DMZ Hotel (Depart)||09:00||09:00|
|Phong Nha (Arrive)||16:00||16:00|
|Phong Nha (Free Day)||Free||Free|
Phong Nha to Ninh Binh
|Phong Nha - Heritage by Night Hotel (Depart)||08:00||08:00|
|Ninh Binh (Arrive)||17:30||17:30|
Ninh Binh to Hanoi
|Ninh Binh - Nam Hoa Hotel (Depart)||08:00||08:00|
|Hanoi (Tour Ends)||09:00||09:00|
Moc Bai Travel Pass
Need to Know
Some key details...
- Transport - All transport is included - you'll travel by bus (mostly private, air-conditioned buses with 24 seats), minivans, trains (Thailand only), boats (Laos only) and tuk-tuks.
- Guides - Stray employs local Tour Leaders to ensure you get more out of your trip. Hear the local stories, try their food recommendations, get insider tips and advice. Tour Leaders change from country to country so you'll have several different Tour Leaders throughout your journey if you're traveling multiple countries and if you hop on and off the bus - they're all absolute legends!
- Validity - This Freestyle Pass is valid for 12 months from your first day of travel and can be travelled once.
- Hopping on/off - Hop on and off as much as you like along the travel route. The buses run twice a week so the minimum amount of time you can hop off for is 3 days.
- Minimum Days - You don't need to hop off if you're short on time - you can travel your pass in the "Minimum Days". There are non-travel days throughout the route so you will not be travelling everyday however we recommend allowing extra time to hop off.
- Departures - Buses run twice a week. Use the timetable to plan your trip.
- Booking Buses - Use Stray Mate (trip manager website) to book buses - you'll receive log in details in your Booking Confirmation email. If you're on a short timeframe, we recommend booking all your buses in advance.
- Accommodation - Accommodation is not included - we have preferred accommodation options at each overnight stop and you can book this through your Tour Leader, or you can opt to book your own. Stray's preferred accommodation is simple and budget friendly.
- Activities - Activities are not included - your Tour Leader can provide recommendations and assist with booking.
- Visas - You are responsible for obtaining any visas you require for the countries you are travelling in. Visa requirements vary depending on where you’re coming from and where you going, so we recommend that you contact the appropriate embassy in your country of origin.
- Travel Insurance - You must have a travel insurance policy to cover you for the entire time you are travelling with Stray. You will be asked for your policy details prior to starting travel.
- Stray Travellers - Our travellers are from all over the world, are energetic, adventurous and mainly aged between 20-35. You'll have people who have booked Freestyle Passes and Tours in your group, as the route is exactly the same, it's just the inclusions that are different.
- Group Size - Max 18, Average 9
- Unguided sectors - Some trips may include one or two unguided sectors as our Local Tour Leaders stay in their country of origin and bid you farewell to continue your journey with a new Tour Leader in the next country you're travelling to. Crossing the borders can be a bit of an adventure but your Tour Leader will tell you what to expect. In Stray Mate Trip Manager you can read the itinerary for each of these days to ensure your unguided sectors go smoothly.