This half-day tour visits either Kompong Khleang or Mechrey floating village where you'll experience the way the people in these villages live on and around the great Tonle Sap lake. Their way of life changes dramatically depending if it is dry season or wet season.
Visit villages by the lake with stilted houses and journey by boat out on the lake to see the houses on the water and the fishing methods up close. You'll see how innovative farmers grow fruit and vegetables out on the lake and see the culturally decorated houses of the Khmer and Vietnamese fishing families. You'll also visit a local market, Phsaa Thnal Jaek where you can see piles of fresh vegetables, local breakfast restaurants, tasty snacks and of course, fish... still alive, freshly caught and salted and sun-dried all from the nearby lake.
Departure at 7.30am and returns around 12:30pm.
- English speaking guide
- Transport by A/C car or van
- A visit to a local market
- A village walk to learn about daily life and to see the village up close and meet the people
- A 1 hour boat trip to explore the village and visit the lake
- Bottled Water and Towels
- Local snacks from the market
- Visit to a sticky rice village
What to Wear
- Please be wear modest clothing
- Don't forget sunglasses, hat and sunscreen