Stray operates a sustainable travel network and uses efficient transport for lower carbon emissions.
- We educate our crew and travellers to respect the culture, specific customs and the environment.
- We support local operators in small communities. I.e. we eat where the locals eat and shop at local markets.
- Stray uses local operators and employs local crew.
- Our buses only operate according to season and demand.
- We are conscientious of what activities we support and promote. All our recommended partners must align to ethical guidelines.
Ways you can help
- Be careful of your power and water use. Have shorter showers; turn all electrical appliances (MP3 player, camera, phone, laptop chargers) off at the wall after use.
- Use re-usable shopping bags and recycle.
- Decline plastic bags from vendors where possible.
- Refill water bottles when possible or purchase large bottles that you can use to refill small day bottles.
- Don’t litter, dispose of rubbish in bins or take any rubbish with you (including cigarette butts).